About the Institute
The Law Institute of the University of Iceland is a scientific research institute operated by the University of Iceland, through the Faculty of Law.
In accordance with Article 2 of the Institute's rules, its primary objectives include:
- Improving the integration of research and teaching, and coordinating legal research activities at the University of Iceland.
- Supporting scientific practice in teaching and training, and providing research facilities and equipment to postgraduate students to the extent possible.
- Encouraging collaboration with both domestic and foreign legal research institutions, and fostering strong connections with the global professional and social community.
- Undertaking legal service projects.
- Disseminating and presenting research findings in the field of law.
- Offering guidance and advice on legal matters.
- Providing legal courses and lectures.
- Collecting, preserving, and making available data for scientific research purposes.